Sunday, November 2, 2008

Visit to Washington!


Although this was a sad visit...we all had a blast. We all decided that dad would not want us to be mopying around or crying all the time..so us 3 oldest girls made everyone laugh. We are pretty silly and funny when you get us together. I had such good time with my sister Kristi..it was a great visit with her but short. When she left it was my sister Nikki and I to continue putting on a show. We played off each other and had my mom rolling in laughter. She was crying she was laughing so hard at times. My mom doesn't laugh that often so it was soo great to see her be able to laugh and have fun with us knowing her husband and our daddy was in the hospital. It was such a fun time hanging out with my family. It at times when we visit is a lot of drama, but we all stuck together and made it an enjoyable time. I know my dad would have loved to see that, and he would have been happy. We took a picture of us siblings that were still there with my dad. There are 10 of us kids(7 girls and 3 boys)but only 7 of us were still there and in the pic. I have to say this..the BNSF railroad has been wonderful. The general manager of the northwest division told my dads boss to pay for our hotel and food at the hotel for as long as needed for now. I couldn't believe it when I heard that. My husband Pierre had called the general manager that wednesday night and he had heard that my dad was in the hospital but didn't know the extent of his condition. When Pierre told him and also told him that the railroad was my dads life..he said he would see what he could do. Paying for our room and board right down the street from the hospital couldn't have been any nicer. I want to just publicly say THANK YOU from my entire family. That meant so much to us.(my familys homes are over 2 hours away from the hospital) My sisters highschool raised over 300 dollars to help my family and our church has done so much for them as well. It is unbelievable the amount of help and support my family has received from so many ppl. Thank you to everyone!

1 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

My oldest son Chris came home from school and told me about your dad, so of coruse I called Kristen to see if she had heard. Chris says that everyone in Seminary and school have prayers in their hearts for your dad and family and so do I.